A Safe Non-Surgical Solution for Skin Laxity
Polydioxanone (PDO) Threads deliver a long-term, subtle, natural-looking lift.
- PDO Threads are a minimally invasive solution used to tighten and lift lax skin.
- Applications include: facial contouring, body contouring, wrinkle relaxation, skin rejuvenation, skin laxity & skin tightening.
- Minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment with minimal social downtime.
- Long lasting. The biocompatible and biodegradable sutures dissolve over time leaving newly developed collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in place.
PDO Threads are a versatile, well-tolerated solution to tighten and lift the skin. FDA-approved for soft-tissue lifting of the face and body, PDO Threads are injected into the dermis layer to delicately lift and reposition the skin. After placement, patients will notice an immediate lift that will gradually improve over the next 2-6 months.If you’re noticing sagging along the jawline, mid-face, neck, knees, elbows, breasts and elsewhere on the face and body, schedule a complimentary consultation with one of RejuvenationMD’s expert providers, contact us in Bellingham at 360-685-8408 or Burlington at 360-982-2620.
The Science Behind PDO Threads
Polydioxanone is a strong, biodegradable polymer that has been used in both orthopedic and cosmetic applications for over a decade. Once injected, PDO Threads create a scaffolding-like structure that improves the framework of the skin. The threads stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. As the threads dissolve over the next 6 months collagen formation increases, helping to lift, tighten and hence restructure the skin for another 12 to 15 months.
What Can PDO Threads Do For You?
Our experts love the versatility of PDO Threads. Are you struggling trying to treat post-partum laxity? PDO Threads can help tighten loose skin on the abdomen. Threads can also lift the breasts, sculpt the jawline, improve wrinkles on the face and tighten areas of the body, including above your knees and elbows, add structure to the marionettes, augment the cheeks, soften the back of hands and more. Does Botox feel too heavy in your forehead? PDO Threads can lift, relax and add structure— without the heaviness of Botox, plus it lasts longer. If lip filler isn’t right for you, but you want to improve your lip lines or give your lips more fullness, we can use PDO Threads.
The ideal candidate uses PDO Threads to prevent the signs of aging. If you’re noticing the signs of gravity, treat early to begin the bio-stimulatory process of new collagen and elastin development.
Your PDO Thread Treatment
During your visit one of our experts will prescribe appropriate protocol for your area of concern. If you’re a candidate for PDO Threads, we will document treatment with before and after photos. Numbing cream may be used but is not necessary. We also offer Pro-NOX™ if you desire.
We recommend 2 treatments over the course of 6 to 8 weeks for optimal results. There’s no significant swelling and there is no downtime. Depending on the treatment area, it may take as little as 45 minutes per treatment. Patients can resume normal activity afterwards.
Schedule Your PDO Threads Treatment in Bellingham or Burlington
If you are interested in PDO Threads contact us in Bellingham at 360-685-8408 or Burlington at 360-982-2620 to schedule a consultation. RejuvenationMD®— Aesthetic Skin Treatment & Wellness Center serves clients in the surrounding areas of Washington State.
PDO Threads FAQ
How do PDO Threads work?
- PDO threads are made of Polydioxanone material which repositions the skin while stimulating collagen formation. It will lift and tighten the skin while providing more volume over the next 3-6 months. The threads get broken down by your body gradually.
What do they treat?
- PDO threads treat laxity in the skin, meaning it tightens the tissue.
- It is great for brow lift, smoker’s or straw lines, accordion lines of the cheeks, lip structure, jawline and neck lifting, or anywhere there is laxity (including on the face but also on the body such as the elbows and knees),
- Price varies based on the number and type of threads needed.
- We recommend 2 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
- There is no downtime although there may be slight bruising.