4 Minute Read:
Spring has sprung, and summer is almost here. Does that mean it’s too late to begin laser hair removal and be bikini ready for the hot months ahead?
While it’s true that laser hair removal requires multiple sessions for the best results, you can benefit from these treatments quickly, as treated follicles will begin producing thinner hair immediately.
5 Tips to Get the Best Laser Hair Removal Results
Get your best laser hair removal results by preparing for your treatments using these five tips:
- Avoid sun exposure to the areas where you want to be treated for four weeks before your first session and between treatments. Hair removal on tanned skin increases the risks of side effects like blistering and permanent discoloration. Also, do not use self-tanning products during this time.
- Do not pluck, wax, or use hair removal creams for at least one month before your first treatment. You may shave.
- Shave the treatment area the morning or a day before your scheduled sessions.
- When receiving treatment on your face, discontinue using products like Renova, Retin-A, and Differin® for at least one week before and in between sessions. Talk to your provider if you are taking antibiotics or other medicines that may increase skin sensitivity to light.
- Laser hair removal clients with a history of cold sores, herpes, or fever blisters should notify their provider. Taking 500mg of Valtrex twice daily, starting the day before treatment and continuing for the following four days, may be recommended to prevent an outbreak.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments Will You Need?
Laser hair removal typically requires six sessions, spaced out between four to eight weeks, depending on the part of your body being treated. Clients with certain skin or hair types may need additional treatments.
Because unwanted hair on the face grows faster than on the body, facial hair removal sessions are usually scheduled every four to six weeks, while body hair removal treatments can be performed every six to eight weeks.
How Long Does It Take to Complete Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Since a minimum of six sessions are often needed to achieve long-lasting results, and these treatments are spaced at least four weeks apart, you should expect the best results after six months if only addressing facial hair and up to eight months for body hair removal. However, you can benefit from laser hair removal treatments right away.
Forever Bare BBL™ laser hair removal treatments provide immediate results as the heated follicles will release hairs soon after your session, and your treated skin will be smooth.
About a week later, you may see what appears to be regrowth. These visible hairs are mostly just remnants of treated hair being shed from the follicles.
Tweezing After Laser Hair Removal
You may shave shedding hairs or regrowth starting three days after treatment but don’t tweeze or attempt to pull them out, as you may extend the time needed to achieve your final results.
Instead, exfoliate regularly by rubbing the area gently, in a circular motion, with a washcloth or loofah to speed up the shedding of hair remnants.
You may also shave hairs that appear between sessions, just don’t pull them or use depilatory creams.
Wearing Makeup After Laser Hair Removal
Redness and irritation are common following laser hair removal but don’t generally last more than a couple of hours. Applying a cold compress to the area can bring relief, and you can wear makeup on the same day of your treatment.
It Can Take Up to Eight Months to Complete Laser Hair Removal
Individuals who want smooth, hair-free skin should start laser hair treatments as soon as possible for the best results and allow at least six months for facial hair removal or eight months to be free of body hair and ready for bikini weather!
Some clients may need additional or fewer sessions, depending on the thickness of their unwanted hair.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe and Effective for Everyone?
Most laser hair removal systems are not as effective on light hair colors and are not recommended for those with tan or naturally dark skin. However, Elite iQ™ provides advanced laser hair removal technology for all skin types.
Laser hair removal is not advised if you have a history of developing keloid scars or skin cancer.
Laser Hair Removal in Western and Northern Washington
Rejuvenation MD Aesthetic Skin Clinic and MedSpa is equipped with the Forever Bare BBL™ and Elite iQ™ laser hair removal systems to treat all skin types and has three locations for your convenience.
Schedule a consultation for your laser hair removal today by filling out our contact form below.